CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH OF THE SHARPSTOWN ZONES!
The Greater Sharpstown District offers many advantages to businesses and residents including:
- Great location with proximity to the Texas Medical Center, Uptown/Galleria, I-10 Corridor and Sugar Land.
- A large, capable workforce spanning all trades and specialties.
- Availability of vacant tracts for retail, office and industrial or mixed use development, some of which are along Beltway 8, with strategic connectivity to the Port of Houston and both Intercontinental and Hobby airports.
- Excellent transportation access by private or commercial vehicle via the Sam Houston Tollway, Westpark Tollway and the Southwest Freeway (US 59), and by METRO bus via its new 402 Quickline Bellaire service to the Texas Medical Center as well as local routes.
- Ethnic diversity that appeals to all types of users and residents – domestic and foreign.
- Stable appraised values consistent with our location, economic base and continued growth.
- Superior educational facilities including Houston Baptist University; St. Agnes, Strake Jesuit and St. Francis private schools; and two nearby Houston Community College campuses.
- Memorial Hermann Hospital and adjacent medical professional office buildings.
- Destination Chinatown shopping and dining District and revitalized PlazAmericas Mall.
- Many strong Asian-owned banks contributing to the nickname “Asian Wall Street”.
- Harwin wholesale strip, one of the leading import-export centers in Houston, and the Houston Jewelry Center, long regarded as the principal wholesale jewelry complex in Southeast Texas.
- Renowned entertainment venues – the Arena Theater and HBU’s Cultural Arts Theater.
- Westwood Golf Club with an 18-hole, 6,989 yard Keith Foster designed golf course.
- Over 20 hotels providing overnight and extended stay lodging for business visitors and tourists.
- Business support provided by the Houston Metropolitan, Asian and Chinese chambers of commerce.
- Community support provided by the Chinese Community Center, Baker-Ripley House, City of Houston Southwest Multi-Service Center and Sharpstown Community Center.